The VCE English exam is probably one of the toughest exams out of all the VCE subject exams. Split into 3 essays, it is a HUGE 3 hours!
If you have a teen who is doing VCE English 3/4 (aka Year 12 English) in 2022 or 2023, here’s the breakdown of Section A of the dreaded exam.
What is it?
- An analytical essay about ONE text studied during the year.
What’s so hard about it?
- The depth that students are expected to go into
- Accurately interpreting the prompt
What can we do to help our teens?
- Expose them to a WIDE range of prompts – the worst scenario is when our teens are confronted with a totally new prompt they haven’t thought about before!
- Help them brainstorm and plan for many prompts before the exam/SAC
- Equip them with enough quotes to cover all possible themes and topics
Too overwhelmed to help your teen? Contact us today and let’s chat about how we can help!