The VCE English exam is probably one of the toughest exams out of all the VCE subject exams. Split into 3 essays, it is a HUGE 3 hours!
If you have a teen who is doing VCE English 3/4 (aka Year 12 English) in 2022 or 2023, here’s the breakdown of Section A of the dreaded exam.
What is it?
- An analytical essay about ONE text studied during the year.
What’s so hard about it?
- The depth that students are expected to go into
- Accurately interpreting the prompt
What can we do to help our teens?
- Expose them to a WIDE range of prompts – the worst scenario is when our teens are confronted with a totally new prompt they haven’t thought about before!
- Help them brainstorm and plan for many prompts before the exam/SAC
- Equip them with enough quotes to cover all possible themes and topics
Too overwhelmed to help your teen? Contact us today and let’s chat about how we can help!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.