Hi! I’m Shirlaine and I love working with young people to express themselves better!
Over the last 10+ years, I’ve worked with students from all kinds of backgrounds, from all kind of schools, with all kinds of needs. As word spread, I had to turn students and parents down because I simply had no more time in the day!
If only I could clone myself!
Fast forward to today, and I am so proud of all the tutors I have invited to be on the team. I’ve worked hard to sift through the sea of candidates to make sure I only have the most mature, talented, kind and patient tutors.
It is my personal aim to make sure all our students are given enough confidence to tackle the challenges that lie ahead. I think many students feel lost when it comes to English and I have deliberately trained all my tutors to know how to give students enough guidance, structure, encouragement and support to tackle the subject independently.
I believe in empowering all students with skills that will last them well beyond high school, such as planning, foresight, critical thinking and time management.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, please contact me and let’s chat about your needs and goals!
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary – English, English as a Second Language (ESL))
- Bachelor of Arts (English, Linguistics, Drama and Theatre Studies)
- Honours Degree in the Bachelor of Arts (Research, English)
- Master of Arts (Research, English)
- Adjunct Lecturer at Eastern College of Australia (formerly Tabor College Victoria)
- Personal English tutor for inner and eastern Melbourne for 10+ years
- Curriculum developer (Brazil)
- English teacher (Brazil)
- English subject co-ordinator (Hong Kong)
Subjects I Teach
- Year 7-10 English
- VCE English
- VCE English as an Additional Language (EAL, formerly ESL)
- VCE English Literature
- VCE English Language