Here are a few activities to help our Year 9s and 10s to keep up their English skills over the term break:
Read this article on ‘The unexpected power of random acts of kindness‘.
- Highlight and use the dictionary to learn any unfamiliar words
- Summarise the article in a flow chart
- Draw a comic strip of how this study was conducted
- Write a narrative describing a time when you received a small act of kindness. What was it? How did you feel? How did you respond?
- Write the conversation that might have happened between a person quoted in the article and the journalist of the article.
If you liked the above activities, make sure you join our newsletter!
You should also subscribe to our social media channels so you don’t miss out on any of our latest offerings!
And here are our vocabulary packs, filled with essential vocabulary for all levels of high school English.