Here are a few activities to help our Year 7s and 8s to keep up their English skills over the term break:
- What would it feel like to hold so many bees in your hand?
- What would it sound like?
- Would there be a smell?
- How would you feel emotionally, holding so many bees in your hand?
- Write a report from the beekeeper’s perspective for the local council newsletter. Why were you called? What happened? Were there any challenges? What was the outcome? How long did it take?
- Write a descriptive narrative about removing the bees, focussing on the 5 senses.
- Write a set of instructions (procedural writing) on how to remove or save a swarm of bees
If you liked the above activities, make sure you join our newsletter!
You should also subscribe to our social media channels so you don’t miss out on any of our latest offerings!
And here are our vocabulary packs, filled with essential vocabulary for all levels of high school English!