I’m Shirlaine and I love working with people to express themselves better.
My aim at the end of every session is to give my students enough confidence to tackle the challenges that lie ahead. Many of my students feel lost when it comes to English and I see my job as giving them enough guidance, structure, encouragement and support so that they can tackle the subject on their own.
I believe in empowering my students with skills that will last them well beyond high school, such as planning, foresight, critical thinking and time management.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, please contact me and let’s chat about your needs and goals!
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary – English, English as a Second Language (ESL))
- Bachelor of Arts (English, Linguistics, Drama and Theatre Studies)
- Honours Degree in the Bachelor of Arts (Research, English)
- Master of Arts (Research, English)
- Adjunct Lecturer at Eastern College of Australia (formerly Tabor College Victoria)
- Personal English tutor for inner and eastern Melbourne for 10+ years
- Curriculum developer (Brazil)
- English teacher (Brazil)
- English subject co-ordinator (Hong Kong)
Subjects I Teach
- Year 7-10 English
- VCE English
- VCE English as an Additional Language (EAL, formerly ESL)
- VCE English Literature
- VCE English Language